My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy by Robert Bly — audiobook download

องค์การบริหารส่วนตำบลด่าน ฟอรั่ม ทั่่วไป My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy by Robert Bly — audiobook download

• This topic is empty.
กำลังดู 1 ข้อความ - 1 ผ่านทาง 1 (ของทั้งหมด 1)
  • ผู้เขียน
    ข้อความ
  • #6616 Reply
    Abbie Locke

My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy
      Poems

by Robert Bly

🔗 My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy ~ Click Here 🔗

• Author: Robert Bly
      • Publisher: Harper Perennial
      • Genres: poetry
      • Release date: May 2, 2006
      • ISBN: 9780060757199 (0060757191)
      • Format: paperback, 112 pages
      • Language: english

About The Book

Readers have found Robert Bly’s ghazals startling and new; they merge wildness with a beautiful formality. The ghazal form is well-known in Islamic culture, but only now finding its way into the literary culture of the West. Each stanza of three lines amounts to a finished poem. “God crouches at night over a single pistachio. / The vastness of the Wind River Range in Wyoming / Has no more grandeur than the waist of a child.”

The ghazal’s compacted energy is astounding. In a period when much American poetry is retreating into prosaic recordings of daily events, these poems do the opposite. My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy is Robert Bly’s second book of ghazals. The poems have become more intricate and personal than they were in The Night Abraham Called to the Stars, and the leaps even more bold. This book includes the already famous poem against the Iraq War, “Call and Answer”: “Tell me why it is we don¹t lift our voices these days / And cry over what is happening.” The poems are intimate and yet reach out toward the world: the paintings of Robert Motherwell, the intensity of Flamenco singers, the sadness of the gnostics, the delight of high spirits and wit.

Robert Bly is writing the best poems of his life, and this book reestablishes his position as one of the greatest poets of our era. After many years of free verse in American poetry, years which have been very fertile, the inventive ghazal helps the imagination to luxuriate in a form once more. We are seeing a poetry emerge that is recovering many of the great intensities that modern art and poetry has aimed at and achieved in earlier generations.

MOBI book My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy download on Kobo. Hardback ebook My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy Robert Bly buy cheap on Android. PDF My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy by Robert Bly read for Kindle on Amazon. Online My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy.

TXT book My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy buy. Hardcover ebook My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy by Robert Bly read online Mac on Walmart. FB2 book My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy download. Paperback My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy Robert Bly on iPad on IndieBound.

EPUB ebook My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy Robert Bly on Book Depository. FictionBook ebook My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy download iOS. MP3 My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy read for PC. Online book My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy by Robert Bly buy on Barnes & Noble.

กำลังดู 1 ข้อความ - 1 ผ่านทาง 1 (ของทั้งหมด 1)
    ตอบกลับไปยัง: My Sentence Was a Thousand Years of Joy by Robert Bly — audiobook download
    ข้อมูลของคุณ: